Pages

Thursday 21 January 2016

Its not you, its me.

For those of you that don't know I am the Henchman at Dark Sphere in London. I've been the henchman there for about a year and a half and in that time I've run two leagues, three tournaments, a handful of hardcore games and a shed load of demos and intros.

I along with the Dark Sphere regulars have built up a huge player base at the club and I'm really proud of everything we have done so far.

So whats the next step, the plan going into 2016 and beyond?

The truth is for me not much as I've decided this is the end of my time as a Henchman. I still enjoy the game just as much as ever and I enjoyed everything I did to get the club to the point its at now but I don't think I'm the person to take Malifaux at Dark Sphere onto the next step.

Please excuse the rambling nature of this post I have mixed feelings about this post.

When I started as a Henchman I was very hands on (not in that way) lots of demos and getting to know the new players, bringing people into the group and getting the word out. The way I did things was the right way for the situation. To put it another way I work like a Captain not a General. A Captain leads and a General orders and after a group reaches a certain point it needs orders to keep it moving.

I can see two ways to go forward as a club either stay as we've become now large, irregular group of players or we step up and become something bigger. Now I could stay and do either of those but staying as we are when I know I could push us forward would frustrate me and pushing the group into something bigger while satisfying would require a mind set that I don't want to have to be in in my leisure time.


So again what's the next step, the plan going into 2016 and beyond?

I think its time that the group found its own way and its own balance. We have somewhere around thirty players between regulars, irregulars and drop ins from others clubs if ten percent of us stood up and said I'm going to run a tournament this year, that three more tournaments with a fresh perspective. If fifty percent of us could run a demo that's up to fifteen new players. If one hundred percent of us keep moving forward then we can get to level that we never will playing follow the leader.


I'll still be running things from time to time and with the added freedom there might even be a few surprises cropping up.

I want to say thank you to all my friends and players that helped build the amazing Malifaux community we have at Dark Sphere now.
I 'd like to thank Dark Sphere for putting up with me nagging them for the last year.
And also all of the Malifaux community for the help, advice and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment