Pages

Thursday 14 January 2016

2015 look back and look forward to 2016.

It is now 2016, a golden age of something etc etc.

I'm going to start this year by looking back at last year and seeing where things went right or wrong. The easiest way to do this is to look at my plans and goals for 2015 and see how I did.

2015 plans for world domination.

First up I had my henchman plan.

This mainly revolved around building the London community, which I think I'll call a success. There were eight tournaments in London in 2015 compared to maybe one in 2014. Top players made the trip to London repeatedly to compete and we put up a challenge for them.
The various London clubs have also started to mingle and chat more which hopefully will lead to bigger plans in the future.

Now I can't take credit for most of that but I had a goal and it was hit so I'm taking it as a win.

The plan for this year is to take a step back and encourage more people to try their hand at running events, if I can do it anyone can so its time a few more did. I still want to run a few bits but I also what to see what other people can do.

Next up plans as a player.



Last years target was basically to focus more on what I'm doing.

I'd give myself a win for this as well, I played Seamus for the first half of the year and Molly for the second. I even managed to win a few tournament games with molly (about 10% of the games played I won shocking)

This year the plan is to play more competitively. I want to start picking crews for the game I'm playing not just because those are the models I like the paint job on. I want to go into a game looking for a win. Not at the expense of having fun but along side it. My goal as a player in 2016 is to take home a prize that isn't a wooden spoon.

And lastly hobby goal.

My plan for 2015 was to be a technically better paint and to attempt NMM.
I had a bit of a bumpy ride with NMM but I got to a point in the end that I can live with and I started to use a few more techniques when painting that didn't just involve dry brush - wash - repeat. I'll take another win on this. (three malifaux based wins its some kind of record for me)

This year I want to slow down and take my time over the models I paint. I have enough to play with that I shouldn't need to rush anything onto the table.

So I think that's it, see you in twelve months to do it all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment