Pages

Monday 1 August 2016

Re-e-animate when the crowd say bo...

Time to continue my trials with the godfather of soul (less zombie hordes)...

Since my last Nico post I played three games, winning two and losing one (an amazing result for me).

First up I played against our resident BFG Francois with his Shen Long crew. I'd made a few changes to the list since my first game.

Nicodem
-Undertaker
-Maniacal laugh
-Love thy Master

I'd added love thy Master to give summoned models companion. Which I found really useful, being able to use a model before it can be smooshed into zombie juice is great. I'd either run them off somewhere safe or smack someone before they smacked me.

Vulture

Mortimer
-Corpse bloat


Rogue Necromancy
-Take back the night

Drawing more cards is always fun.

Necropunk

Rotten Belle

I'm not your usual rotten belle cheer leader like a lot of resser players but in a crew that needs you in their little bubble of death they're ideal. 
Johanna
-Unnerving aura

Condition removal and a big hammer, what's not to love? Add to that I'm quite pleased with my recent paint job on her its win win.



The list worked well and the game went better than I expected.
The Nico bubble of death crept up the table getting ever larger while Johanna and necropunk skipped up the edge looking to drop some markers and tie up a sniper.

I got lucky when the line of hitters that made they way to take out the rogue necro early on failed the horror duel and lost initiative meaning they were eaten by said rogue necro. (I really need to give the Rogue Necro an actually name soon)

The went back and forward of taking out models each but with me summoning more in it eventually swung the game my way with a first win for Nicodem.

Next game was against Captain Canada Conor running a "fluffy" Lilith crew.
I ran the same crew as before for this one but managed to spread myself way too thin losing all the benefits of Nico's bubble and getting picked apart various scary nephilim type things.
Despite the complete and utter crushing defeat playing Conor is always a great way to test a list and I already had some changes that were jumping out at me to try.

Game three a while after the last two I played someone I'd never played before (rare that happens now outside of events) Richard from Wales (he does have an actual last name that would mean me remembering stuff) Richard was running outcast Tara.

I'd swapped out the Necropunk and Johanna for
Madame Sybelle
-Bleeding tongue
-Not too banged up

Sybelle had two jobs, one get the belle(s) up the table so they could pull everyone into a big death soup and two hit things until they stop moving (I spent more SS on her kill trigger than I did summoning)

Crooligan

Cheaper than a necropunk and... nope no other reason to take them (sorry Dan)

This game looked bad for me from the start, a fast angry Lazurus within range early followed by a Johan, taelor and Tara all into my bubble by the end of turn two. By the end of turn three thanks to some fast being dished out by Nico and some big damage dished out by Sybelle and the Rogue Johan, taelor and Tara were sent back to the void. soon after the sniper was engaged by everything I had with wings and Lazurus was on the wrong end of a beating.

I managed to get my second win with Nico (yay me) It was a lot closer than the model count suggested but I managed to scramble through by a couple of points.

All in all not a bad run from the undertaker. Thanks for taking the time to try and make sense of my ramblings and hopefully I'll have so more games to tell you about soon.

3 comments:

  1. Great report. I'm finding the Nico learning curve is steep but fun. I got smashed last night by a Sonnia crew with papa in a box. First time Nico has gone down! But I learned some lessons.
    My biggest difficulty is what to take in my list and thn what to summon when. I find I am summoning punk zombies all the time because I love them but I am wondering if there is a better use of my resources. I am going to buy the Transmortis box today and see if I cant get some use out of them. What do you find you summon the most?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shikome tend to be my favorite summon at the moment with fast they can either run other 18" then be a solid scheme runner next turn or up close they can dish out adversary to up their damage spread and plus flips to attack. I'm starting to think I need to try some cheaper summon early game to up activation control and trow out scheme markers turn 2-3 and get the killy stuff out turns 3-4.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shikome tend to be my favorite summon at the moment with fast they can either run other 18" then be a solid scheme runner next turn or up close they can dish out adversary to up their damage spread and plus flips to attack. I'm starting to think I need to try some cheaper summon early game to up activation control and trow out scheme markers turn 2-3 and get the killy stuff out turns 3-4.

    ReplyDelete