Pages

Monday, 16 May 2016

Minor progress on some Victorian buildings

Some of you may have noticed that on my buildings I had left the doorways blank and I had included some wooden doors in the frames. I have no intention of making new doors each time. I was planning on waiting for some other bits before moulding them. But the I found some cheap small rings for jewellery that will be my door handles and I went ahead with the mould.

As a reminder here are the doors.
























Here is the mould straight after I had popped the masters out. I am less worried about this giving me hassles like I had with the barrels as it is pretty simple to pop the casts straight out the mould.

















Here is the very first cast from the mould. The first cast is generally not the greatest and I tend to rush it to make sure there are no problems. The bubbles and casting issues in the pic are due to my impatience more than anything.





And in their new homes.

















All in all I am quite pleased with these. They will add some variety to the walls and are quick and easy to cast. Just need to attach some door handles.








No comments:

Post a comment