Pages

Friday, 1 July 2016

Progress on the table - Painting the flagstones

I have made some progress on my Victorian Streets table, In this post I will be showing the update I have made in painting my flagstones. The first thing I needed to do was tape up the bricks so that I could lay down a coat of black paint and PVA.

















Next up I put down a coat of Vallejo Stonewall Grey. I am really enjoying my airbrush. You can see it is relatively easy to put in some natural highlights.



And I just built up the colour from there.






















I then added in a light touching of Wolf Grey,


I decided to add some highlight areas towards the middle of the pathways.















The next step is to add in some washes to add some variations in colour to the flagstones. If I keep these thin I am hoping the natural highlights will still show through. I also need to decide on the colour for the cobblestones.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the update.





No comments:

Post a comment